Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the road again....

Tomorrow we leave for another busy week on the road. Monday, I have class in Normal, then DH and the boys will pick me up. We will drive to the in-laws house, where I leave the men in my life behind. I then head Monday night to the Chicago area to stay with others from my grad program. Tuesday's class is in Des Plaines. Tuesday after class I head back out to the in-laws. We'll hang around there Wednesday, then head up to Wisconsin on Thursday to visit with the Jensen family. We will be heading home on Sunday.

Sounds like a very busy week, yet managable. Would be more managable if I have not (possibly) torn a ligament or tendon in my knee! How? I have no idea. ALl I know is that my knee started hurting yesterday. It was so painful this morning that I went to convenient care. The doctor thinks that there is either a torn ligament or tendon involved. Recommendations are to stay off the leg all together (HAHAHAHA!) use a knee brace to stabilize, and to use crutches (yeah, right). I'm ok on the brace thing, but crutches--you have got to be kidding me. You think I am a clutz on two feet, just hand me a pair of crutches and watch me take gracelessness to a whole new level!

I will have to follow up with my regular doctor, and probably an orthopedic doctor, when we get back. In the mean time, my knee brace is really sexy! Poor DH will not be able to resist, LOL!

5 comments:

Susan's Husband said...

Sounds to me like you should cut back on kicking the boys. Hard to resist, I know, but …

Linsey M. said...

YOU POOR THING!!!
I am a total doof on crutches too!
put your leg up and rest!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that's a lot to do with a sore knee. My dh is currently using a sexy black brace on his knee. His surgery is Friday.

Good luck and try to stay off it!

Kathy M said...

take care of yourself. Elevate you knee as much as possible and make people baby you.

Kathy M

Linda Murphy said...

Make sure to get some rest! Get some SB mags, a good book and rest that knee. I hope you are on the mend quickly.