Friday, December 22, 2006

Is this your first time?

This is the question I was asked yesterday by my new massage therapist as he led me into a dimmed room. My first time at what?!?!? There was a "table" in the middle, covered in sheets. Soft, soothing music was playing. There were plants, beautiful wallpaper, in fact, it looked a lot like a luxury hotel room. I couldn't help thinking, "I feel like I have entered the place of business of a high-priced gigalo!" I stifled my giggles and climbed on the table.

Seriously, he asked about my medical history, any areas of pain or discomfort, and my goals for the session. It was so incredibly relaxing that I felt the need to take a nap when he was done. It was definately the best hour I have spent in a long time. He was an absolute professional, and I hope to be able to go back again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonnnnnderful time!