Saturday, December 16, 2006

Candlestick Lane Opening

What a day! Actually, it has been a busy week. I took my final on Tuesday, then it was time to prepare for our Candlestick Lane Open House. Candlestick Lane is a long running tradition here in Urbana. The street we live on changes names for about two weeks in December. It becomes Candlestick Lane, where almost every house on the block puts out incredible light displays. This is our second Christmas here, and I was elected chairperson. I had the pleasure of reading the Mayor's proclamation and leading the processional down the street. I also was interviewed for the local news.

Our Open House was a big hit! We had a great turnout and lots of food and fun was had by all. The favorite activity, by far, was karoake time. Seems to be a theme at our parties (remember pirate karoake?) I have to say a huge thanks to my mother in law, who was an incredible help getting things ready. She's awesome!

When I get a chance, I will try to post some pics.

No comments: