Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Days are Here Again!

OK, so, after a little retail therapy, a movie night with my boys, and a good night sleep, I am definately recovering from the post tramatic stress of the semester. After consulting with my dear friend Tracy, I took her suggestion of retail therapy. The boys were somewhat tolerant of my plan, especially since I bought them ice cream at the mall.

I had promised the boys last week that we would rent Night at the Museum this weekend. We set aside Sayurday night for the movie. It was really cute. Much better than Everyone's Hero, which we rented last weekend. I missed about 15 minutes of the movie, however, when I choked on a piece of candy. I was terrified that I would not be able to get it out on my own. I was about a minute short of telling the boys to call 911 and go get a neighbor when I finally was able to breathe again. Now my chest, ribs, and back are sore from all of the coughing, but at least I'm alive.

Mother's Day was a fun, simple day. We went to church, then met Tracy and her boys at Red Lobster for lunch. Ken was working, so it made perfect sense. Tracy finally gave me my birthday present (yes, my birthday is in January, LOL!), but I am so glad she waited. It was a Red Lobster gift card (the irony, I know) and the new Jodi Picoult book. As she pointed out, now that the semester is over, I have time to read it! After lunch, the boys and I bought flowers and groceries, and spent the rest of the day working in the yard, cleaning the house, and just hanging out.

DH and the boys gave me a gift card to Christopher and Banks, which I will have the time to spend this weekend, when Ken is off, and I have no homework to do! Are you seeing a trend here? Also Saturday night has been set aside for bathroom remodeling shopping. The boys are going to a birthday party, so DH and I will be having dinner out, then buying the vanity, tile, etc. for the bathroom. The demo begins in just a few weeks. The bathtub is already in the garage; we picked it up while we had the rental truck. Now that is a story for another day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Michelle Quinno said...

Glad you had fun!!