Saturday, November 08, 2008

"Mama...........MAMA!"

I thought I was dreaming. A little voice calling "Mama!" I look at the clock....4:45 a.m. This is supposed to be the one morning I can sleep in, but here I am, awake. What kind of dream was that?

"MAMA!" Oh no, it's not a dream! I stumble over Gracie as I grope my way toward the door. DH is up too, and we meet at the door and head to Jake's room, where the calls are coming from. Jake is leaning over the garbage can, retching. Poor baby has the flu :(

He is old enough that he has managed to get all the mess in the garbage can. I get him a fresh can, and a wash cloth. He rinses his mouth and settles back into bed.

I climb back between my flannel sheets and sigh....before, I had always brought the boys to bed with me when they were sick. But now, they are too old for that. When I commented on this to DH, he pointed out...."But, you did notice who he called for....mama." Content that my boy still needs me, I drifted back to sleep.

No comments: