Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I hate caps!

OK, so I don't really hate caps. I just hate wearing caps. Actually, I hate wearing anything on my head...hats, caps, headbands, etc. They mess up my hair, and even have been known to lead to a migraine. So, I almost never wear caps. Only if it is freezing, or pouring down rain will I relent and pull up the hood on my coat. So, you may be wondering why my blog is called "Caps for Sale". Let me explain....I wear many caps, or hats. I have a mommy hat, a wife hat, a daughter hat, a teacher hat, a student hat, a friend hat, a daughter-in-law hat and an "auntie" hat. Somewhere, I have a me hat, but I can't seem to find it right now. Most of the time, I am wearing many hats at once. It reminds me of the children's book Caps for Sale. Do you know this book? On the front, there is a picture of a cap peddler with all of his caps stacked neatly on his head, one on top of another. Selling these caps must be exhausting, because he decides to take a rest under a tree, with all of his caps still on his head. While he naps, a bunch of obnoxious monkeys steal his caps. He wakes up and can't figure out where his caps went. Then, he looks up in the tree to see them on the monkeys' heads. More on those ornery monkeys later.In my next few entries, I would like to tell you a little more about each of my hats. For now, I'll just tell you about my mommy hat. Sometimes it is my favorite hat; other times it is the one that causes the biggest headaches. I am mommy to two of the smartest, cutest, most wonderful boys ever born. No, I am not even the slightest bit biased. Son #1 is 9 and a sports nut. He loves anything to do with a ball, and will even resort to watching golf on TV for lack of any other sport. Son #2 is 7 and a half, and is quite busy planning his upcoming birthday. He enjoys cartoons, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon trading cards, and several creative ventures. You'll get to know them more as time goes on.Well, I am going to try to take off all of these hats and get some rest. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Yes, I DO remember that book. And I hate caps too!! My head is too big (I think it's the thick hair) for hats. LOL

Great job on the blog! You had me singing, "I started a Joke" by the BeeGees, dating myself, I know!